“You Never Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression”
Of course you know that. But you’d be surprised at what we have seen sent to beauty editors, freelance writers and TV segment producers.
Your press / information kit is probably the first thing media people and VIPs get to see about you and your business. It needs to make that ‘right’ first impression!
Your materials speak volumes about you, your professional taste, and your sense of fashion … everything! THEY ARE YOU! Like your website and business cards, your press and information kit/folio is your ‘best foot forward’. It’s your image.
We’ve worked with hundreds of our clients planning, writing and developing effective press packages and VIP information folios over the years.
What Does a Press / Information Kit Contain?
- Folio – A tastefully-designed pocketed identity/image folio to contain your kit materials.
- Personal Bio – The ‘who you are’ (with a photo) that ‘holds the fort’ until you can get there in person.
- Company Profile (Salon Bio) – The ‘what we are’ as a salon business and what makes us unique.
- Press Release – This is the news – the ‘singular’ message – This is what you want them to know and do something about.
- Trend release – Your observations and statements on where you see hair/nail fashion trends going now … and into the next season(s). For hair and nails, this is often written in support of a ‘collection’ photo shoot.
Other materials your kit may contain are:
- Brochure(s) and product literature
- Press clippings
- ‘VIP’ Cards
- Salon services menu
Call us at 760-414-3370
Or, email us to discuss how we can work together to get your ‘signature’ press / information kit ready to tell your story.